Founded by Teachers for Teachers
In 1998, two high school English teachers were inspired to launch Applied Practice while searching for ways to integrate test preparation into their daily curriculum. Today, Applied Practice publishes supplemental classroom materials that enable teachers to integrate student preparation for standardized tests and provides professional development for teachers in English, math, science and social studies for grades 6-12. Our tools enrich the classroom experience by motivating teachers and students, enhancing productivity, and improving results.
Applied Practice materials are literature and language-based for English and topic-based for math, science,
and social studies. Each product line provides support for the current test-driven environment, offering classroom activities written in the style and format of various standardized test assessments, while covering content typically taught in a unit of study.
Applied Practice materials provide support for the following test formats: Advanced Placement (AP), Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), ACT Test, The State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR), and Common Core State Standards.
Other instructional materials and Professional Development workshops are also available.
Applied Practice was founded by teachers for teachers. Our tools enrich the classroom experience by motivating teachers and students, enhancing productivity, and improving results.
Benefits for Teachers
- Improves standardized test scores
- Decreases student test anxiety through routine practice in test format
- Ends the criticism of “teaching to the test” at the expense of literature and the curriculum
- Provides students practice in higher level thinking skills and critical analysis.
- Provides teachers charts for tracking student progress for prescribed state standards
- Has detailed answer explanations for teachers
- Correlates answers to specific state standards for documentation in teacher lesson plans
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-374-3768 today to learn more about how you and your students can benefit from adopting our Applied Practice curriculum instructional materials.
Benefits for Administrators
- A standards-aligned ELA, Science, and Social Studies program
- An effective, standardized curriculum
- A systematic approach to teaching critical skills
- Student mastery of critical analysis and writing standards
- Implementation of research-based strategies that improve student test scores
- A methodology for teaching core texts using best practices
- Continuity of instruction in a cohesive curriculum
- Ease of differentiation of instruction to meet student needs
- Concrete, guided instruction
- Classroom strategies that help bring success on standardized tests
District purchasing discounts are available. Please contact us at email@example.com or 866-374-3768 today to learn more about how your district can benefit from adopting our Applied Practice curriculum materials.