- Our Company
- Our Products
- Contact Us
All e-books in our catalog require Adobe Digital Editions desktop software in order to view. Click on the link to "Download now". Please DO NOT attempt to open your e-book with Adobe Reader, Adobe Pro, or any other Adobe product. Adobe Digital Editions is specifically designed for e-book management. It is available for computers running Windows (XP or higher) or Mac (OS X 10.4.10 or higher) operating systems. A number of e-reading devices, smartphones, and tablets are also compatible; the full list can be found here.
Please allow up to one business day after purchase before attempting to download your e-book. You will receive an e-mail with download instructions once payment and educator status have been verified. Providing your school's full name, phone number, and using a school email address in your shopping cart or registration page ("My Account") is helpful to us in verifying your credentials as a qualified educator. Professional tutors and consultants should provide their company name, and may additionally need to provide employment verification on letterhead from their educational consulting firm (i.e. Sylvan Learning Center).
Adobe Digital Editions installation instructions:
- Click here to access the ADE download page, and select the link to "Download now".
- You will first be prompted to confirm that you know you are installing a "full privileges" application. Then you are prompted to approve the actual installation. After a quick download, Adobe Digital Editions launches, and you are prompted to accept the End-User Licence Agreement (EULA).
- After installation, the Setup Assistance wizard prompts you to activate Adobe Digital Editions. (You must be online during this process). During activation, you have the option to authorize your computer with an Adobe ID. If you don't have an Adobe ID, creating one is free and only takes a few minutes. Please note that your Adobe ID is maintained by Adobe, NOT Applied Practice, and your username/password setup may or may not be the same as your appliedpractice.com username/password combination. Creating and/or entering your Adobe ID and password at this time will allow you to download your e-books on multiple devices. Failure to enter an Adobe ID will limit your e-book downloads to one device. The Adobe ID enables you to transfer items protected by digital rights management (DRM) between multiple computers or devices and re-download them after a data loss or system reinstallation.
- Once the application launches, you will see either Library View or Reading View. Library View provides a way to view and organize your collection of e-books. Reading View allows you to read and print your documents. The first time you enter the application, it goes automatically to Reading view if you are downloading an e-book, but if you are just starting the software up on its own, it takes you to Library View.
- For more help using Adobe Digital Editions, visit the Digital Editions Help Page
Downloading Applied Practice E-books
After your payment and educator status has been verified, purchased e-books will be available on your account page under "My E-books". You will also receive an e-mail notice when your e-book becomes available for download. Your "My E-books" page will always maintain a list of your purchased e-books along with download links for each one. Instructions for downloading an e-book as follows:
- Ensure that Adobe Digital Editions is completely installed on your computer. On Windows computers, click "Start", then "All Programs", then look for "Adobe Digital Editions." On Mac computers, check "Applications." Please note that other Adobe products such as Adobe Reader or Adobe Pro will NOT open your e-book and attempting to download your e-book without the Adobe Digital Editions software first installed will result in frustration! If you find yourself in this situation, please call our office at 866-374-3768 during business hours for assistance.
- Your e-book download link is provided to you by email, and is also available by logging into appliedpractice.com, clicking on "My Account" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, and then "My E-books" in the orange box to the left on your display. Once you click on the download link, you will need to click on "Open" or "Run" when prompted. Adobe Digital Editions will open and begin downloading the book.
- Adobe Digital Editions allows download of your e-book on up to six (6) devices as long as your Adobe.com username has been authorized on all your devices. Downloading an e-book without first activating an Adobe.com username will limit your e-book download to a single device. Authorizing an Adobe.com username on your device subsequent to download will de-activate your user license for any previously-downloaded e-books.
- Please be aware that school firewalls may settings need to be adjusted by your IT Department for access to the Adobe Server that manages our e-book licensing. It is not uncommon for educational institutions to have extremely strict firewalls, which may or may not block your download. If this is the case, successfully downloading your your e-book on a personal computer off-campus will confirm that your school firewall settings need adjusting.
School Administrators or Purchasing Agents:
When purchasing e-books for use by one or more teachers' use, you will need to provide the e-book download to your end user(s). You will need to purchase an e-book for each teacher; sharing of e-books is a violation of the copyright and can result in deactivation of an e-book license. Once your e-books have been purchased and are ready for download, please follow these instructions:
- Log into the appliedpractice.com account you used to make your purchase. Find the download links for each e-book license that are provided in your "My E-books" page. (Go to "My Account", then look for the yellow box on the left side of the page).
- Click on your download link and choose "Save" (NOT "Open".) This will allow you to save the file to your computer; when downloading multiple files be sure to save each file with an original filename such as Scarlet Letter 1, Scarlet Letter 2, etc.
- Once your purchased e-book downloads are saved to your computer, deliver the files to your teachers as an email attachment. Take care to send each teacher his or her own original file! Assigning more than one teacher to a single download license will likely cause confusion and nullify your license(s).
- Reminder: Each teacher will need to FIRST install Adobe Digital Editions on his or her computer. We recommend that you include the Digital Editions download link (http://www.adobe.com/products/digital-editions/download.html) and instructions along with their specific e-book download links.
Applied Practice products are intended for use by educational institutions only and may be purchased by teachers, administrators, or purchasing personnel. Students and parents may not purchase these products as they are designed to be integrated into an established school curriculum program. Our e-books are protected with Digital Rights Management technology to protect easy sharing and security from student access.
Applied Practice, Ltd. print and e-book products are licensed for use as a classroom set for one teacher's classroom only. Sharing among teachers is not permitted. Unlimited reproduction of student pages is allowed for all classes taught by one individual teacher.
For schools with multiple teachers utilizing the same Applied Practice resources, consider purchasing a site license. These digital versions of Applied Practice materials are licensed for campus-wide use and eliminates the need to annually repurchase workbooks due to loss and consumption. For more information, please visit our Pricing Information page or contact our customer service for a custom quote.