Founded by Teachers for Teachers
In 1997, two high school English teachers were inspired to launch Applied Practice while searching for ways to integrate test preparation into their daily curriculum. Today, Applied Practice has a comprehensive catalog of supplemental materials to assist teachers in teaching a topic-based curriculum, while contemporaneously preparing students for standardized tests in today’s exam-driven environment.
Our teaching tools are literature-based for English and topic-based for Science and Social Studies. Each product line provides preparation for the current exam-driven environment by offering test questions presented in the style and format of a particular standardized test, utilizing content typically taught in a planned unit. Our intention is to help teachers utilize their classroom time more efficiently by offering simultaneous content review and critical test-taking practice.
Applied Practice was founded by teachers for teachers. Our tools enrich the classroom experience by motivating teachers and students, enhancing productivity, and improving results.
Benefits for Teachers
- Improves standardized test scores
- Decreases student test anxiety through routine practice in test format
- Ends the criticism of “teaching to the test” at the expense of literature and the curriculum
- Provides students practice in higher level thinking skills and critical analysis.
- Provides teachers charts for tracking student progress for prescribed state standards
- Has detailed answer explanations for teachers
- Correlates answers to specific state standards for documentation in teacher lesson plans
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-374-3768 today to learn more about how you and your students can benefit from adopting our Applied Practice curriculum instructional materials.
Benefits for Administrators
- A standards-aligned ELA, Science, and Social Studies program
- An effective, standardized curriculum
- A systematic approach to teaching critical skills
- Student mastery of critical analysis and writing standards
- Implementation of research-based strategies that improve student test scores
- A methodology for teaching core texts using best practices
- Continuity of instruction in a cohesive curriculum
- Ease of differentiation of instruction to meet student needs
- Concrete, guided instruction
- Classroom strategies that help bring success on standardized tests
District purchasing discounts are available. Please contact us at email@example.com or 866-374-3768 today to learn more about how your district can benefit from adopting our Applied Practice curriculum materials.